The Hydra 1 is a custom made mid-tower case for high density 8 GPU number crunching applications. This case supports eight full-length graphics cards, one ATX/Micro-ATX motherboard, and two power supplies for better power distribution. If you want to use this case as a bench or test bed, it is great for that too with an open-air chassis design that lets you get in and swap cards easily. There are two aluminum handles on top so you can just grab and go. Thick industrial quality steel offers outstanding strength and durability to hold all your cards without flexing for safer storage and transport. The motherboard is mounted behind the case with 85 mm of clearance for CPU coolers. Extended distance from GPU to MB requires the use of PCI-E risers. This chassis is a great compromise between the heavy-duty server cabinets and light-duty open frames. It provides great cable management, high structural rigidity and quick access to components. You can install 3 x 120mm high rpm server fans that blow hot air out of the case from bottom to top.
- Designed for 8 dual slot reference cards with smaller PCB/cooler up to 300 mm in length and 115 mm in height (flush position).
- Supports ATX/Micro-ATX motherboard, 2 PSU, 8 GPU, and 3 x 120 mm fans; Rear-mounted motherboard.
- Open air design for enthusiasts who want to rapidly swap hardware and use this case as test bench for quick access.
- Uses 2x power supplies for improved power distribution and efficiency; Max PSU length is (x2) 300 mm; Max CPU height is 85 mm (flush position).
- Includes two aluminum handles for easy transport; Industrial quality steel with black powder coating for outstanding strength and durability.