BOINC Developers and Leaders Gather in the UK
|30 Aug 2018|
This year’s annual BOINC Workshop was held at University of Oxford and focused on the BOINC platform’s future development.
The Oxford e-Research Centre at University of Oxford recently hosted the BOINC Workshop 2018.
BOINC, which stands for Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing, is an open-source software platform that supports volunteer computing. You can learn more about how BOINC is structured here.
This year’s workshop included topics such as:
- How the new GDPR regulations may affect BOINC projects
- BOINC’s technical development over the past year
- Discussion of BOINC review, testing, and release processes
- Overview of current BOINC projects
- An open discussion on working together for the betterment of BOINC
Kevin Reed, who serves as Chairman of the BOINC Project Management Committee (PMC), gave a presentation on the development of the BOINC community. Keith Uplinger, Secretary of the BOINC PMC, discussed Google Test (a unit testing library for C++). Juan Hindo gave the group an overview of World Community Grid to the group.